Bigbury has an excellent network of footpaths and other public rights of way which offers an attractive way of enjoying the woodland, farmland, riverside and seaside environments that are so important to the character of the parish and to its inhabitants.
» read more » read less
After years of excellent work the services of one volunteer, John Simes, have been taken over by two new volunteers Trish Bagley (01548810053 or email email@example.com) and Norman Botton (01548810385 or normanbotton@ hotmail.co.uk ).
Please contact either of us if you find any problem with the footpaths that cannot be resolved there and then.
We are interested in hearing about any obstructions, overgrowths, fencing and gate/ style issues, poor surfaces, unclear signposting, and anything else you think needs to be addressed.
It would be helpful if you could pinpoint the problem and give its location either by stating the grid reference or give the footpath number: Failing that a description of its location will do. We can then liaise with the relevant landowner and attempt to resolve the issue.
With our thanks
Trish and Norman.
The aim of this GROUP is to enhance the enjoyment of our parish’s footpaths by helping to manage this network and by describing some of the delightful walks that are available on our own doorstep.
‘Take a Walk on the Wildside’ is an excellent guide to eight walks in and around the parish, written and published by David Gay, sometime Parish Path Coordinator and Footpath Warden. The eighth path from StAnn’s Chapel to Ringmore is a recent addition leading David to re-write parts of the book in August 2012. The book is available in local shops at £1.50 but the author has generously made the contents available as separate files which are available in the DOCUMENTS section of this GROUP.
- WALK 8b: StAnn's Chapel to Ringmore (279.1k) This file describes the second part of the new walk from StAnn's to Ringmore
- WALK 8a: StAnn's Chapel to Ringmore and back. (395.7k) This file describes the first part of a new walk from StAnn's Chapel to Ringmore
- WALK 7: Bigbury-on-Sea/ Ringmore/ Cockle Stream (972.6k)
- WALK 6: Bigbury-on-Sea/ Clematon Hill/ Bigbury (605k)
- WALK 5: Bigbury-on-Sea/ Challaborough/ Ringmore (656k)
- WALK 4: Avon Estuary/ Duke's Mill/ Easton (941k)
- WALK 3: Ayrmer cove/ Toby's Point/ Ringmore (419.4k)
- WALK 2: Folly Farm, Bigbury-on-Sea/ The Ham/ Lincombe (767.2k)
- WALK 1: Bigbury/ Stoggy Lane/ Bigbury Green (563.9k)
- THE PARISH FOOTPATH NETWORK (2.6m) The map shows the network of footpaths which are described separately in other files.